Junior DevOps Engineer position available – Nottingham
£30,000 - £35,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 3 months ago
This company work hard, they hit deliverables and work closely as a team within a high growth company environment. That said, the set-up is relaxed, everyone works in whichever way works best for them and they give bundles of flexibility in terms of holidays, flexible time and great benefits.
They are now looking to appoint an experienced Engineer / Developer to work closely with the Development Manager on improving the SDLC.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assess the ‘run-ability’ of a solution as early in the lifecycle as possible and be a contributor towards the definition and design of a product feature at a user story level during the agile development process
• Assess and influence the various technology options available to the Development team
• Support with the provisioning and maintenance of development, test and production environments
• Ensure that the appropriate tools are in place for continuous integration, orchestration, log aggregation and monitoring of services
• Identify problems within the production environment and contribute towards the diagnosis and patching of any issues that may arise
- Experience of working within an Agile / DevOps driven environment
- Good knowledge of AWS cloud platform along with windows / linux
- Scripting / development experience (Python, bash shell scripting, Perl, .NET)
- Knowledge of container platforms (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm etc)
- Demonstrable understanding of automation tools
For further information on this position or to update us on your situation in general if this is not suitable for you then please contact me.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest