Assistant Management Accountant
£20,000 - £25,000
Castle Donington - Permanent
Posted: 1 week ago
Are you looking for a broad role in a growing SME?
The role has come about due to an internal promotion within the team. One of the existing Assistant Accountants has stepped up in to a Management Accountant role which has created a gap in the team for the Head of Finance to appoint a new Assistant Management Accountant.
You’ll be joining a multi-site business. Each of the business units has it’s own P & L, allowing you to gain strong exposure in your role that will relate to your CIMA / ACCA studies. There are also some complexities within the job, so somebody who is systems savvy would be good.
Study support will be offered for those who are keen to finish CIMA or ACCA, but being an active studier isn’t a requirement; if you’re qualified by experience, this could also be the right role for you.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the preparation of the management accounts packs for multiple sites across the UK
- Month-end support (accruals, prepayments, journals postings)
- Play a key part in improving systems and processes within the finance function
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Preparation of reports for internal stakeholders and submission to Group
- AAT, CIMA, ACCA studier or QBE
- Exposure to month-end management accounting
- Strong Excel skills and systems savvy
SALARY & BENEFITS
- £20,000 to £25,000 salary range
- Study support for those who actively studying CIMA or ACCA
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible start times between 8am and 9am. 37.5 hour working week
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest