Senior Finance Operations Controller
£500 - £650 per day
Leicestershire - Interim
Posted: 2 weeks ago
A brand new Senior Finance Operations Controller position has become available for a well-known Leicestershire Blue Chip company.
The role owns the Finance Operations landscape and therefore reports directly to the UK Head of Finance and will take ownership over the management of a a big team of 35 UK staff through 3 direct reports and also an additional 20 staff offshore. You will oversee financial accounting, reporting, associated costs, revenues, processes and financial controls in the area as well as providing decision support, analysis and performance metrics.
This a high volume environment, we are talking £2.8bn outbound supplier payments, 65 bank accounts, £4bn inbound payments and you taking £50m p&l / budgetary responsibility.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you’ll be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial operations for the entire business including supplier relations, cash and stock management as well as providing expert advice and managing business risk and compliance in these areas.
- You’ll need to be a qualified accountant with strong control skills as you’ll be managing and overseeing the financial accounting, reporting, associated costs, revenues, processes and financial controls in the area as well as providing decision support, analysis and performance metrics.
- An experienced finance leader and business partner with a relevant finance qualification and extensive experience within a similar role ideally with knowledge of multichannel retail business processes.
- You’ll have proven experience of successfully leading, motivating and developing large teams and have a strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects and work at pace to deliver results.
- In addition to being a strong leader you’ll also have a good commercial aptitude, be highly numerate with superior attention to detail. You‘ll also need to think strategically and have proven analytical and problem solving abilities and decision making skills.
- As a key driver of change you’ll provide support for business initiatives and make things happen and be able to demonstrate an ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Detailed knowledge of internal controls and business and operational risks and have a sound understanding of systems processes.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills are also required and you will be confident in leading discussions and negotiating and influencing across all levels of the business and externally.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest