£45,000 - £55,000
Nottingham - Temporary
Posted: 2 weeks ago
You’ll be joining a large retail business based in the heart of Nottingham on a 9-month contract.
You’ll lead a team of UX Designers in creating the future digital experience with a feature packed roadmap ahead.
Your role is essential to researching, designing and delivering best in class user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) work for new development projects, spanning the entirety of the design process.
You’ll work closely with the Product Owner and scrum team to ensure successful communication of concepts and designs.
- You will lead on researching and defining the right experience. Balancing the customer needs, the business goals and technical restrictions. Tasks include heuristic reviews, competitor/comparative reviews, analytics and insights analysis, customer missions and mindsets, persona needs, omnichannel reviews, experience mapping, problem statements and producing sketches to direct the design production phase.
- During the design production phase, you will be responsible for the direction and delivery of all user journeys, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, visual designs, high and low fidelity prototypes, user testing, sign off, documentation and hand over to technical build. Taking a hands-on approach to design production when required or coaching the junior/middleweight UX/UI designers to shape the design deliverables.
- All design work must ensure global experience coherency, accessibility compliance and all devices/channels are considered throughout.
- Whilst you will work within the User Centred Design process, design principles and brand style guides, you must be able to challenge and evolve these when appropriate.
- Stay current with emerging technology, industry best practices and design trends/patterns, thinking about how these can be applied to our business.
- 6+ years digital design experience, with supporting portfolio of work
- Relevant degree in HCI, interactive/multimedia design, computer science or similar (beneficial)
- Responsive design
- Designing for accessibility compliance to level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Interpreting high level brand guidelines into detailed digital design guidelines
- Setting design principles and best practices
- Designing within brand style guides and design principles
- App design (beneficial)
- Ecommerce design (beneficial)
- Working understanding of Front-End Development
- Agile and lean methodologies
If you would like more information please click apply, alternatively drop James Gyoury-Hales a note on Linkedin.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest