IT Support Technician
£25,000 - £27,000
Long Eaton - Permanent
Posted: 2 weeks ago
We are looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to provide hardware and software support to our growing number of users over multiple sites. You will be responsible for maintaining computer networks and infrastructure, PC’s, printers and peripherals. A technical background, professional and friendly attitude is a must for this position with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
The position is a hands-on position which would suit someone who is able to think on their feet to provide solutions
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installing and configuring new technology to be used by the company, such as hardware, operating systems, and programs or applications.
- Giving regular maintenance to existing hardware and computer systems.
- Providing assistance to company staff with technology-related issues:
- Troubleshooting systems and applications:
- Running diagnostics on malfunctioning hardware or software
- finding solutions for any issue and implementing it.
- Replacing damaged or malfunctioning parts on hardware when necessary
- Implementing and assisting with the roll-out of new applications or operating systems:
- Learning about the new application or operating systems
- running tests before implementing them in all systems
- evaluating new applications or operating systems and installing them on all systems in the company.
- Experience working in a similar technical role
- Competent with troubleshooting computer issues
- Work well in a team environment
- Good PC/Mac diagnostic skills, including trouble shooting network issues
- A personable and positive can-do attitude with a passion for IT
- Desirable knowledge of NetSuite ERP system
- Office 365 and Microsoft Office 2016
- Windows Server 2012; Hyper V, DHCP and Active Directory
- Synology NAS
- Administer backups and archives.
- Assist with the creation and review of IT policies and processes.
- Liaise with third party suppliers and manage Service Level Agreements
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest