PT Company Secretary & Clerk to the Board of Trustees (Education)
£18,173 - £18,173
Doncaster - Permanent
Posted: 2 weeks ago
High quality advice and guidance in addition to professional clerking is crucial to the effective functioning of the board. The Company Secretary and clerking meetings is not only about good organisation and administration, but also, and more importantly, about helping the board understand its role, functions and legal duties. This is crucial in helping the board exercise its functions expediently and confidently, so that it can stay focused on its core functions.
This role is 22 hours per week, and term time
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out company secretarial duties including filing returns at Companies House
- Act as Clerk to all meetings of the Trustees, setting draft agendas, producing minutes, liaising and coordinating the work of the Boards and related sub- committees.
- Carry out the full range of company secretarial duties and provide confidential, high quality administrative support to the Trust Board, the Chief Executive Officer and other members of the corporate team.
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of the company, e.g. maintaining statutory books, including registers of members and directors/trustees
- Guiding the chairman and board on their responsibilities under the rules and regulations to which they are subject to and on how those responsibilities should be discharged.
- Compile and produce reports and submit returns to Companies House as required ensuring compliance with the Companies Act and all other relevant legal, regulatory and governance best practice requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant Company Secretary experience
- An in-depth knowledge of statutory board requirements including Companies House regulations, statutory returns
- Experience of minuting meetings
- Flexible to travel across multiple sites
- Previous relevant experience gained within Education is highly desirable
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest