Finance Business Partner
Nottinghamshire - Permanent
Posted: 3 weeks ago
You’ve recently your finished your exams and see your future career in commercial finance. You probably see a lot of jobs advertised as Finance Business Partner but there’s still a lot month-end management accounting responsibilities listed in the advert.
This role will is different. It’s a true business partner role. The way that the finance team is structured means that you’ll be joining a sub-team who specialise in providing insight, guidance and financial support to Operations Managers across 100 different locations around the UK. All of the transactional and financial accounting is covered by a different team in the business.
To allow for succession planning, the hiring manager is looking for somebody ambitious. You’ll be newly qualified (or at finalist level) and have a background in commercial analysis; now looking to make the move in to business partnering.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide insight, guidance and support to Operations Managers across 100 locations
- Ownership of the P & L for specific regions, making recommendations to drive sales and profitability
- Work with Business Managers to compile annual budgets and analyse performance against the prior year
- Attend regional meetings to provide the financial support for business development plans
- Analysis of the management accountants packs for individual sites and regions, making recommendations and highlighting any areas of concern
- Preparation of insightful management information to allow non-finance stakeholders to make informed business decisions
- CIMA / ACA / ACCA Qualified (or finalist level)
- Strong analysis background (excellent Excel skills required)
- Confidence to challenge senior stakeholders where required
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest