£50,000 - £50,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 1 week ago
A Nottingham based engineering business are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their corporate procurement function.
They specialise in manufacturing and supplying high value equipment supplied to the civil engineering and construction sector.
Their central procurement function is tasked with setting the EMEA procurement agenda that underpins and supports business units with good practice procurement.
As their UK Senior Buyer, you’ll be working with stakeholders across the UK, turning their procurement needs into a strategy that delivers and fits within the long-term procurement agenda.
Your accountabilities will include:
– Developing strategic category management plans to support the shift to a governed procurement function.
– Working in collaboration with your stakeholders to gauge procurement needs, turning them in to a procurement strategy that works for them, and fits within the corporate procurement agenda.
– Leading on supplier sourcing, selection, qualification, and negotiations.
– Ongoing supplier relationship management, including creating and developing a supplier scorecard tool.
Corporate procurement is still developing and is not without challenge. Whilst foundations have been put in place, you’ll be raising the profile of procurement with your stakeholders, promoting as a value-add function that will still deliver their needs
You’ll find yourself working outside of a process, as they’re still being developed. Great news if you like to deliver results without having to work through long drawn out process. All within best procurement practice of course!
The Purchasing Manager spends time across the EMEA region. You’ll be her right-hand person, deputising whilst she is away, so a perfect opportunity to build on your responsibilities.
If you’re a Senior Buyer, ideally operating within the Civils / Construction sector (or suppliers to), and looking for a fresh challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
Salary on offer is £50k + car, plus benefits.
To find our more, you can either apply via this advert or contact Joel at Distinct Recruitment.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest