Health & Safety Manager
£40,000 - £50,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 1 week ago
Our client believes you’re not just starting a job; you’re starting a career. People are their biggest asset and their vibrant and engaging culture is their biggest differentiator. They ensure that they create a happy, stimulating and challenging environment for all their employees to thrive in and be the best they can be.
If you are looking to join a company that is passionate about developing a brand that customers will love and you have the desire to push yourself to work outside of your comfort zone, while working hard and playing harder, then our client could be for you.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide professional support and guidance to the Site Leadership team on all operational Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- You will provide authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
- You will provide strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to equipment, practices and processes.
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics, and providing management information and statistics for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the site management team are fully equipped to conduct and investigate all accidents and incidents and make proactive changes to site working practices where agreed.
- Experience of being in a Health and Safety Manager level role within a large, multi-site or leading company
- A NEBOSH Diploma equivalent or higher qualification (NVQ / NCRQ / MSc / BSc)
- Experience of working in the following sectors; Facilities Management, Retail, Warehousing, Logistics.
- Flexible to travel across 5 sites including Nottingham, Castle Donington and Birmingham
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest