Finance Manager – Trent Vineyard
£30,000 - £35,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 1 month ago
Trent Vineyard is a vibrant church based in Nottingham. It’s a place where everyone is welcome no matter their background.
Small at first, a group of people excited about the vision met in a hotel function room. It has since grown into a large, vibrant and contemporary church in Nottingham.
As well as teaching others about Jesus and providing a space to worship God, Trent Vineyard is committed to serving the city, helping the poor, the disadvantaged and the socially excluded.
With a coffee shop, conferencing facilities, many services and The Arches – the complexities from a finance angle are very interesting.
They now, for the first time in 10 years, have a vacancy for a Finance Manager. If you’re looking to combine your passion for the community with your passion for finance, this could be the perfect opportunity to do so. This role is open to someone full-time, or potentially 4 days a week (with a pro-rata salary.)
Ryan Jaiswal and Ian Hallam at Distinct Recruitment are delighted to be handling this piece of recruitment for Trent Vineyard and we are on hand to answer any questions you may have on the church, or the opportunity. You’ll find our details on the Distinct Recruitment website, feel free to get in touch via phone or email.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the financial operations for the main charity, the trading subsidiary and the charitable subsidiary
- Processing of financial information for management and financial accounts working closely with the senior team and trustees
- Run the payroll with the support of a Finance Assistant who currently covers the weekly side. Training can be provided on this if you haven’t covered payroll before
- Management of bank accounts
- Support the annual budgeting processes working with the senior team
- Tracking of spending and expenditure
- Driving and supporting forecasting processes
- Management of a the finance team of 2
- Experience in the charity / NFP sector would be advantageous
- Someone who is empathetic to the beliefs of the church is essential. It’s not essential to be an active church go-er, but, the right cultural values are essential.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest