Social Media Manager – DeadHappy
£35,000 - £45,000
Leicestershire - Permanent
Posted: 2 months ago
Tucked away in the heart of Leicester, there’s a business challenging the market and changing attitudes towards death. By facilitating the creation of 1 million death wishes.
This is Dead Happy. This is Life Insurance. Redesigned.
When you walk through the door, into the small, open plan office your eyes are immediately drawn to the pink graffiti on the wall. One of their favourite quotes is “Suits don’t make you smart”. This sums Dead Happy up pretty well.
So, what will you be a part of?
“World Domination” according to Phil, the co-founder. The belief is clear to see.
The first stop is 1 million Deathwishes. You’ll play a huge part in this.
These are not a desire for self-annihilation, they’re simply a way of allowing their customers to express what they would like to happen when they die. This could be anything from paying off your mortgage, through to funding a wake in Ibiza for their pals.
Start Up life isn’t for everyone and Dead Happy are no different. We totally get that.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive our strategy for organic social – own the content calendar across channels and bring the brand to life through engaging stories
- Delight our followers with original content, competitions, brand partnerships, giveaways and more
- Develop and grow our customer segments by establishing new groups and channels on organic channels
- Manage all offline events, including (but not limited to) death cafes, meet-ups, and experiential activity
- Analyse and report on social media performance, including reach, engagement and impact
- Ownership of writing and sending the customer newsletter
- Work closely with the brand and growth teams so content aligns with the DeadHappy marketing strategy
Experience & Skills
- Solid experience running and optimising social accounts – you have developed at least one channel you’re really proud of, either for a brand or yourself
- Knowledge of best practice on the following channels ○ Facebook ○ Instagram ○ Twitter ○ Pinterest
- Start-up/high growth brand experience is a must, either working in house or agency side
- Exceptional communication and strong copywriting skills
- Ability to write effective briefs for designers and creatives
- Self-starting, completer-finisher personality
- Excellent proof-reading and attention to detail
- Prior experience using a CRM package and good knowledge of email best practice
- Experience developing relationships with influencers and other brands
- Certifications in marketing, content production or social media
- Design and photography skills would be a major advantage
- Fintech or financial services background
- Experience with third-party social listening tools
- Agency management experience
If you would like more information please click apply! Alternatively drop James Gyoury-Hales a note on Linkedin
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest