PR Manager – DeadHappy
£35,000 - £45,000
Leicestershire - Permanent
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Tucked away in the heart of Leicester, there’s a business challenging the market and changing attitudes towards death. By facilitating the creation of 1 million death wishes.
This is Dead Happy. This is Life Insurance. Redesigned.
When you walk through the door, into the small, open plan office your eyes are immediately drawn to the pink graffiti on the wall. One of their favourite quotes is “Suits don’t make you smart”. This sums Dead Happy up pretty well.
So, what will you be a part of?
“World Domination” according to Phil, the co-founder. The belief is clear to see.
The first stop is 1 million Deathwishes. You’ll play a huge part in this.
These are not a desire for self-annihilation, they’re simply a way of allowing their customers to express what they would like to happen when they die. This could be anything from paying off your mortgage, through to funding a wake in Ibiza for their pals.
Start Up life isn’t for everyone and Dead Happy are no different. We totally get that.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owning and developing DeadHappy’s relationship with the press, journalists and influencers, helping us get the word out about how we’re shaking up financial services…starting with life insurance, but growing into much more
- Running creative campaigns that get noticed and challenge the norms of a pretty stuffy industry. Seriously, no (legal) idea is too crazy for us to consider
- Working closely with the Brand and Growth teams to make sure we’re telling the best stories in our industry
- Working with our SEO agency on media and influencer outreach, as well as content angles and campaign ideas
- Running our reactive and crisis communications, working closely with our Happiness Honchos to execute when necessary
Experience & Skills
- 2-3 years experience in a PR or media relations role, either in an agency or client side – journalism experience works, too
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with the press, journalists or influencers and win-over tricky personalities
- Results-driven, with experience setting campaign benchmarks and reporting results to a wider team
- Proactive and resourceful, able to solve problems autonomously and come up with creative solutions where necessary
- Able to quickly test and execute new ideas as well as rebound quickly from failure
- Strong writing skills – you’re a fantastic editor and proof reader
- Can demonstrate passion about something, and the ability to influence other people to feel strongly about it too
- Prior experience working in financial services, insurance, fintech or another regulated sector
- Knowledge of finance and FCA and ASA communications and compliance guidelines
- Accreditations in digital marketing, journalism, or content will be an advantage
- Video or photoshoot experience a bonus
If you would like more information please click apply! Alternatively drop James Gyoury-Hales a note on Linkedin
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest