Digital Designer (Marcomm) – DeadHappy
£30,000 - £35,000
Leicestershire - Permanent
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Tucked away in the heart of Leicester, there’s a business challenging the market and changing attitudes towards death. By facilitating the creation of 1 million death wishes.
This is Dead Happy. This is Life Insurance. Redesigned.
When you walk through the door, into the small, open plan office your eyes are immediately drawn to the pink graffiti on the wall. One of their favourite quotes is “Suits don’t make you smart”. This sums Dead Happy up pretty well.
So, what will you be a part of?
“World Domination” according to Phil, the co-founder. The belief is clear to see.
The first stop is 1 million Deathwishes. You’ll play a huge part in this.
These are not a desire for self-annihilation, they’re simply a way of allowing their customers to express what they would like to happen when they die. This could be anything from paying off your mortgage, through to funding a wake in Ibiza for their pals.
Start Up life isn’t for everyone and Dead Happy are no different. We totally get that.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Be productive. Day-to-day creation of new creative assets for use on social media, taking ideas from concept phase to execution. Ad hoc involvement in other creative projects, including web graphics and photo editing.
Be great. It all starts with design so that’s why we need someone to have studied graphic design to a degree level so that they have a real understanding of the foundations and reasoning.
Be a devil. The devil is in the detail, and that’s where great becomes awesome. When we talk about detail, we mean animated transitions, timing, spacing, and feel… as a starter.
Be smart. Our customer experience is paramount, so we want someone to own and champion it. To understand and create ways of optimising our existing journey but without sacrificing visual design. Think logically creative.
Be a chef. We’re not looking for a farmer i.e. someone to build out new design systems and frameworks, but we are looking for someone who can take raw ideas and turn them into something visually delicious.
- A good working understanding of video and image editing software.
- A solid portfolio of design examples across digital media.
- A strong understanding of how social media (especially Instagram and Facebook) works.
- An understanding of design best practices for creating new imagery
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and the ability to interact well with others.
- An excellent multi-tasker with time management skills to match.
- Creating digital advertisements, landing pages, and campaigns for online-first brands
- A proven understanding of social media, especially Facebook & Instagram aesthetics
- A varied portfolio with photo, video, and digital illustration
If you would like more information please click apply! Alternatively drop James Gyoury-Hales a note on Linkedin
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest