£18,000 - £22,000
Alfreton - Temporary
Posted: 1 month ago
Are you bored of feeling like every day is the same and predictable? Why not take a look at this opportunity which offers a variety of responsibilities within purchase ledger. With exciting projects going off left right and centre and the chance to develop customer relations you will be far from clock watching.
You will be working within a team of 8 purchase ledgers and reporting into the AP supervisor. The client holds the company values in high respect so is eager to recruit a passionate purchase ledger who is happy to take on challenges within the team whether that’s processing high volumes of invoices to dealing with complex queries.
This opportunity is a 6 months FTC.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To actively manage supplier debt in accordance with agreed terms, policies and procedures.
- To promptly resolve queries as to maintain continuation of supply and maximise the benefits available from prompt settlement discount.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the integrity of supplier accounts.
- Provide accurate and timely information on the status of supplier accounts to inform business decisions, identify and escalate issues and manage supplier expectations.
- Provide cover to other members of the team as & when required.
- Maintain process and controls to ensure transactions are recorded accurately, timely and in accordance with agreed accounting standards.
- Develop functional understanding of systems processes and controls to effectively perform role.
- Develop commercial awareness and capability to proactively manage supplier relationships in accordance with agreed guidelines.
- Experience of processing and handling large volumes of data
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable or general finance environment with exposure to Accounts Payable
- Experience of reconciling supplier accounts with high volume/value transactions
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Oracle experience is desirable but not essential
- Strong communication, negotiating and influencing skills
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest