Lead Data Engineer
£60,000 - £70,000
Leicestershire - Permanent
Posted: 3 months ago
“Burn me, shove me in a rocket with explosives, aim roughly at the moon and light it. I’ll either land on the moon or ruin an elderly couples’ fish and chips nearby”
Tucked away in the heart of Leicester, there’s a business challenging the market and changing attitudes towards death. By facilitating the creation of 1 million death wishes.
This is DeadHappy. This is a Life Insurance company that is dragging insurance out of the shadows into the 21st century..
A brand new position for a Lead Data Engineer has been created working with the DeadHappy CTO. This is an opportunity for you to take the lead on designing and implementing a data platform that will support DeadHappy’s next growth phase (and beyond).
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The first stop on the company roadmap is 1 million Deathwishes. As the Lead Data Engineer you’ll play a huge part in this through designing and implementing a data platform that will support DeadHappy’s next growth phase (and beyond).
You will take the lead on delivering a high quality cloud based data platform and applications utilising technologies such as :
- Kafka Streams
- AWS Redshift
Business Intelligence will be a key component of the DeadHappy tech roadmap so you will also be involved in integrating BI tools like Tableau and Power BI.
So what experience will you likely have?
- Proven experience as a Big Data Engineer, designing and implementing cloud based, big data platforms. Which means you:
- Excellent knowledge of languages like SQL, Java, Python
- Experience working with stream processing technologies like Kafka, K-Streams, KSQL, AWS Kenisis etc.
- Have worked with reporting tools like Athena, Tableau, PowerBI
- Have experience with more traditional technologies including SQL and Data Warehousing, OLAP etc.
The environment is start-up, they offer bundles of flexibility. Your holidays or daily hours won’t be monitored, delivery will be though so you will need to be a self-starter and put delivery first and foremost. They are open to remote working, however you must be able to get to the office within an hour if needed in emergency!
If you would like to understand more about this opportunity then contact me directly or apply with an up to date CV and I will be in contact ASAP to discuss.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest