£27,000 - £35,000
Mansfield - Permanent
Posted: 1 week ago
Company Accountant – North Nottinghamshire – Part Qual or QBE
If you see yourself as a future SME FD, this is a brilliant opportunity to join a really successful business in North Nottinghamshire.
In the past 2 years, revenue has increased by 20%, they have opened 10 new sites (with further ambitious acquisition plans) and have increased their employee headcount by 30%.
You’ll be number one in finance on a day to day basis, but will have the support of a consultant FD who comes in a few times per month. You’ll be given broad remit, covering management accounts, analysis, payroll, financial accounting and supporting the junior members of the team. You will also be given high-level exposure up to board level, making this the perfect step to a future FC / FD role.
Qualifications aren’t important for this role, having a hands-on attitude where you’re willing to be involved with all areas of finance is what the Directors are looking for.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of management accounts for multiple business units which make up the Group structure
- All month-end responsibilities (accruals, prepayments, journal posting)
- Financial accounting (balance sheet reconciliations and VAT returns)
- P & L analysis and reporting
- Support with annual stock counts and year-end audit
- Payroll preparation (both weekly and monthly)
- Payroll experience is essential
- Management accounting background – ideally from an SME
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest