Customer Service Advisor (Web Chat)
£25,000 - £25,000
Leicestershire - Permanent
Posted: 2 weeks ago
We’re not looking for someone to know the answer to the meaning of life, we are however looking for someone to answer all the questions customers might have, be that on the product or the business.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
They don’t have scripts, and don’t like ‘standard ‘answers. You will need to listen (well-read actually) what the customer is saying and work out what they need to know, and how to say it simply.
The customer experience is paramount. Every visitor to the site is a promoter or a detractor, irrespective of whether they buy. They need you to move people up the happiness scale to be promoters wherever possible.
The brand is not about conforming, and they definitely don’t take a defensive tone. They are comfortable in their skin and you need to respond to customers in that vein, always on the front foot, and a gift for great one-liners would be helpful.
Some experience of customer services would be an advantage but not essential, the right attitude is more important. The ability to work autonomously, (you can work from home on occasion) and a real commitment to our customers, along with a way with the written word.
What we’re not looking for…
Pedants or Egos: They’re a start-up so all muck in to help where ever they can. If you need a precise job description and exact details of how you’ll spend your day they are not for you, and if you’re above doing a coffee run forget it!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and the ability to interact well with
- Excellent multi-tasker and time management skills.
- Can demonstrate passion about something and the ability to influence other people to feel strongly about it too.
- Enthusiastic & knowledgeable (or at least have a willingness to learn about life insurance!)
- Outgoing and very comfortable interacting with other human beings.
- Self-sufficient, pro-active and are at their best when given responsibility to just get on with stuff.
- Belief in failing fast, trying lots of things out, and taking quick action when you learn what works and what doesn’t
- Are keen to do more, even if it’s technically not your job.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest