Transport Manager (Home Delivery)
£30,000 - £35,000
Derbyshire - Permanent
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Transport Manager – Castle Donington
£30k – £35k
We absolutely love this client – they take such good care of their employees and this is a really exciting time to be joining this expanding business. This role has been newly created to head up a new division which will offer a home delivery service, direct to the public.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for all report running and so it is essential that you are experienced in using Microsoft Excel.
- You will have an excellent knowledge of the UK for geographical routing for deliveries
- You will lead a team of Home Delivery Drivers to deliver a first-class home delivery service to customers
- Ensure all KPI’s, such as operational and financial targets are met as required
- Provide regular feedback, ensuring delivery teams are fully briefed/debriefed on a daily basis on company news, KPI performance, process changes, etc…
- Engage and motivate your team to ensure a positive and constructive workplace
- Drive compliance around the Road Traffic Act and any other appropriate legislation such as working time directive, Equality Act, Health & Safety, etc.
- Work efficiently to tight deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction targets and service targets are adhered to in line with our values and behaviours
- An experienced manager with relevant experience in a transport environment for Home Delivery.
- Team player who is able to lead the team in a positive, hands on and professional manner
- Organised, committed to excellent customer service and passionate about quality
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proactive and flexible in your approach, a self-starter who is driven to achieve
- Keen user of computerised scheduling, driver management packages and MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, etc…
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest