£30,000 - £39,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I met a new client on Friday to take a brief for a Commercial Buyer job we’re working exclusively on.
I asked him for 3 reasons someone would leave a job you’re probably content in for this one. He gave 4:
- It’s a new(ish) start-up operation, so there’s opportunity to get involved in developing processes and ways of working alongside the day to day procurement piece.
- It’s dealing with a broad indirect / services category mix, so you won’t get weary dealing with the same stakeholders day in day out. You’ll be able to thoroughly network the business to drive procurement forward.
- The team is the vanguard for procurement (I had to look that one up too), and you’ll be part of raising the procurement profile.
- You’ll be given all the tools and opportunities to develop, including CIPS support. If this means that you’re turning heads after a couple of years and a good opportunity comes up elsewhere, then so be it. They won’t hold you back. Alternatively, they’ll be equally as happy if you’re content with doing a good job and not wanting to climb the career ladder.
Salary £30-39k, Nottingham city based (good transport links). OJEU experience is essential as they’re a public sector organisation.
To find out more, you can either apply via this advert or contact Joel at Distinct Recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest