Learning & Development Officer
£33,000 - £36,000
Nottinghamshire - Permanent
Posted: 6 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a people centric services organisation as a Learning & Development Officer. This really is a wonderful broad opportunity that encompasses everything from developing the L&D infrastructure to proactive management of the apprentices across the UK and managing an effective levy pot to creating a centralised L&D matrix.
And what will you get in return?
Well, the team are full of energy and are really friendly, with a great team spirit, so you’re off to a great start already…. The culture is great, with no hierarchy so you can deliver through others with ease.
So, if you’re up for a challenge in a great environment where you can truly add value and make a difference, then look no further…
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive and increase the effective use of the apprenticeship levy and grants across the UK and ensure the levy budget is effectively managed, monitored and audited.
- Design and deliver an effective apprenticeship programme, ensuring that apprentices are getting a broad spectrum of experiences.
- Working closely with leaders to diagnose, design and deliver a suite of classroom training courses, as other blended solutions and approaches such as coaching, eLearning and personal development and training programmes.
- Continually assess, develop and improve training content and delivery through regular benchmarking.
- Managing a budget for the UK
- A progressive L&D professional with a breadth of experience and a specialism in apprenticeships, grants and funding
- A background in either construction, highways or engineering is desirable, but not essential
- Strong personal impact, the ability to deal with and influence senior stakeholders
- Expertise in learning across technical, leadership capabilities
- Balance of learning theory with pragmatic implementation style
- Experience of developing talent acquisition, levy and changes processes
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest