£35,000 - £40,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 3 months ago
How would you like opportunity to help improvements in performance in an dynamic and agile tech driven company? Do you have a strong eye for detail, do you thrive on identifying trends and patterns of information to drive insight?
This Data Analyst position is with one of fastest growing technologies companies that has data at the very heart of everything they do.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you won’t be siloed , you will work across a broad stakeholder group to gather requirements and present back information that will support business decisioning. Some of the business areas are pretty technical so ideally you will already be used to interpreting some jargon filled specs and bringing them to life from your perspective! If you have read this far, it is likely that you will already be a very proactive person and can already recite a number of examples where you have identified potential issues or found opportunities to improve to add value to the stakeholder groups off your own back.
From a technical perspective you will take the lead on processing large and complex data sets using SQL. These will be built and owned by you, you will also develop key business metrics that will be highly accurate and value add, this company are not interested in KPI’s for KPI’s sake!
For you to really succeed in this position, it’ll be like that you are:
- A bit of a whizz with SQL and a rounded understanding of relational databases
- Passionate about analytical solutions
- Really driven by getting fantastic feedback from stakeholders and that feeling of adding true value to their business area and the company as a whole
- Strong in your ability with Excel and PowerPoint
- A good communicator who enjoys the variety of working with a varied community of management
- Looking to expand your programming experience and be interested in getting your hands dirty with SAS, SPSS or something similar
If you would like to understand more about this opportunity then please drop me a note to discuss or apply with an up to date CV and we can go from there.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest