Web Developer – PHP 7.2, Laravel , AWS
£45,000 - £50,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Would you be interested in hearing about one of the most exciting start-ups to hit the East Midlands tech scene? They have flown up in headcount and customers and having taken on some fresh strategic invest they are now investing in their Backend software development team.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As an established Developer you will be dropped straight on to the main project, a brand new online platform. You will work alongside delivering high quality, well tested software to specification as part of a team of frontend & backend developers, and alongside a UX designer and a new Product Owner. This is a really collaborate environment where everyone works as a team to implement new features and to improve the product from customer feedback.
As a delivery function they work loosely within an agile framework. They create user stories which the developers work through in 2 week sprints. Stand ups are infrequent , but with the introduction of a new project owner they expect to be doing daily stand ups.
From a tech perspective the backend is built using:
- Laravel on PHP 7.2 and Amazon Aurora (MySQL 5.6 compatible).
- Infrastructure on AWS, utilising services such as SQS for background processing and Lambada for ancillary services.
For you to be technically suitable you will need to have excellent working knowledge of:
- SOLID principles
- MySQL with strong database design skills.
- Composer to manage dependencies and Git version control.
- API design, implementation and integration
If you would like be considered for this or would like to understand more then please contact me or reply with an up to date CV and I will be in contact ASAP.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest