Senior Business Analyst – Software
£50,000 - £55,000
Nottinghamshire - Permanent
Posted: 6 months ago
“The Senior Business Analyst will be the key conduit between all of us, board level Product experts and our amazingly talented group of software engineers. This company is high-tech software company in an attractive market , we have some of the largest globally recognised brands as customers and we plan to triple in size over the next 3 years. What could be better?”
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This role is a CV maker, so not much. The above is the words of the CTO for one of the most exciting tech companies I have worked with in recent times. I believe him, this is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst who is an expert in the SDLC and wants to pull up some trees in a fast growing technology company.
This company is led by a team of true product visionaries. The Product leaders and MD are brilliant with customers, have a true passion and deep understanding of the product and they have the technical vision nailed on.
As the Senior BA, you will support these guys to get the software product programme into shape. The product requirements , customer requests have to be delivered and here huge opportunities exist to improve, which as a start means:
- Engaging users and delivery teams on priorities and get processes in place so they can start hitting time / budget / quality standards.
- Manging the dependencies and priorities , everyone needs to be aligned in their deliverables and sometimes this slips
- Getting your hands around the Product backlog, supporting with sprint planning and take ownership to ensure the relevant user stories and acceptance criteria is prepared
- Everything must hit the acceptance criteria and the technical vision, you will need to Partner closely with the product lead, CTO and broader delivery function to ensure this happens.
What do you think, sounds interesting right? If you have the below we should talk.
- Proven work experience in business analysis with a strong understanding of software development processes and delivery
- Broad experience of Agile delivery and knowledge of Agile techniques (User Stories, BDD,TDD etc)
- Brilliant stakeholder management and leadership experience
To be considered for this please apply with an up to date CV and I will be in contact ASAP to discuss this with you in more detail.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest