Head of Logistics Supply Chain
£80,000 - £100,000
South Yorkshire - Permanent
Posted: 1 week ago
A South Yorkshire based organisation are looking for a Head of Logistics to join their operation.
They operate across 20 UK distribution centres, ranging from 20k – 100k sq. ft. You’ll be responsible for providing strategic leadership to your management teams at site level, and setting the overall logistics strategy for the network.
Customers are at the core of everything they do. As they continue to grow, they’re looking for someone who understands what a good customer journey looks like, and how logistics function this.
There are a number of key projects and initiatives lined up for you to focus on, but you’ll also have the free reign to identify and drive projects on your own recommendations.
Key areas of your accountability will include:
- Responsibility for the physical supply chain network
- Set, drive, and review key performance metrics at micro and macro level
- Developing a 3-5 year supply chain strategy to future proof the UK business, and allow for international expansion
- Budgetary responsibility for the physical distribution network
- Provide leadership to site management
The business is going through some significant change, and this role will be at the core of developing the logistics function in line with this.
If you’re experienced in multi-site distribution models and looking for a fresh challenge in a change-environment, we’d love to hear from you.
To find out more, please either apply via this advert or contact Joel Stevenson at Distinct Recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest