Head of Managed Services
£47,000 - £50,000
Castle Donington - Permanent
Posted: 1 week ago
Due to the growth of the business, a new position has been created to focus and develop the Managed Services department. You will be fundamental in building relationships with key customers, ensuring long-term and continued business. Part support manager, part account and relationship manager, part long term strategist, the role is extremely varied.
The key element is to bring together the current ad-hoc processes and solidify them into mature, longer-term arrangements. New contracts, commercial structures, services and personnel will all be required to build and professionally manage this part of the business long term.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be working closely with the Managing Director to build, manage and deploy this new department.
- You will assist with the preparation and presentation of commercial arrangements with clients.
- Monitor and manage the SLA requirements of such contracts. Liaise with customers to report, manage and escalate issues.
- Report internally on the effectiveness of achieving client SLA’s and advise on how the team can improve resourcing and performance going forward.
- Be proactive in structuring the team, how it is organised, and the working methods to drive continual lean improvements.
- Visit customers regularly to ensure that the services are fit-for-purpose, and work with clients to adjust and tailor services when agreements are renewed.
- Help to manage the resourcing of Business-as-usual support to ensure timely resolution to client issues.
Note: This role does not require technical or software ‘fix-it’ skills. It is a management and co-ordination role, not a support seat.
- Excellent presentation skills
- High commercial awareness
- Contract negotiation
- Service level management and reporting
- Motivated to drive new department
- Confident in a customer facing role
- Excellent customer service ethos
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role. The role will deal exclusively with Microsoft Business applications (Dynamics 365), therefore an understanding of this environment, partner community and industry would be a significant advantage, but full training will be provided as necessary.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest