£23,000 - £28,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 1 week ago
If you see your future as a Management Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller, this role won’t be right for you.
If you want move in to a commercial role, where you will be adding value in a customer facing capacity this could be the ideal opportunity for you to make that move.
You’ll have probably come from a strong transactional accounting background but are now looking for something a bit different; something analytical that gives you a route in to commercial finance or account management.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
-You’ll have two key stakeholder groups;
- Internally, you’ll support Account Managers, Sales and Marketing teams to help them understand the financial implications behind their business tenders and sales strategies.
- Externally, you’ll deal directly with clients – supporting the Business Managers with data manipulation, analysis and interpretation to allow commercial deals to be financially viable.
- Analysing tenders to ensure pricing strategies are accurate and competitive
- Act as finance support to Account Managers and Business Managers
- Data preparation, manipulation and analysis to provide key insights to the wider business
- Produce financial models for clients
- Support the finance team with month-end responsibilities where required (not on a regular basis)
- Ideally have a grounding in transactional finance
- Preference to move in to a commercial role (not management or financial accounting)
- Systems savvy
- Confidence and ability to partner and where necessary, challenge stakeholders (both internal and external)
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest