Quality Manager (Furniture background)
£30,000 - £35,000
Castle Donington - Permanent
Posted: 4 weeks ago
The Quality Manager is responsible for establishing processes to deliver a long-term quality assurance vision, formalising quality policies & procedures, and establish performance metrics for the department.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop company Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Working in conjunction with Sourcing to monitor all production outcomes by vendor, including test and sample products according to company policies
- Implement and manage all product audit procedures and QC inspections with Asia QC team
- Manage all nonconforming product issues through to an agreed corrective action plan with relevant vendor
- Prepare a weekly list of existing or possible out-of-tolerance items for senior management; devise an action plan from this list for follow-up by senior management
- Oversee new product development from a position technical performance and specification conformity
- Work with all outside third-party labs in implementing company procedures for sample submission and data retrieval, including internal preliminary samples as well as finished product samples
- Make sure all invoices related to quality assurance are properly approved and submitted
- Investigating and setting standards for vendor-based quality management
- Provide customer facing technical information and instructions
- Provide management/technical reports
- Responsible for all packaging control and improvement
- To be successful for this role you will need to have strong Quality control and systems management background.
- Energy, enthusiasm and drive to deliver results.
- Strong analysis and decision-making ability.
- Furniture industry experience essential
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest