£55,000 - £65,000
Nottingham - Permanent
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Roles like this don’t come around too often… the opportunity to step into a newly created role with the support of an amazing FD.
Build & shape your own team as you see fit.
Create a culture that’s in line with the wider business that’ll pride itself on providing first class financial information.
Sounds good? Continue unwrapping…
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a newly created Financial Controller position within a well known and successful business, operating across the UK & Ireland. Through a range of locations they provide top of the line service & consultation to their specific range of customers.
The position has been created following a period of change and will be responsible for working closely alongside the FD in establishing all financial accounting / reporting frameworks for the business, including all appropriate systems & controls to effectively provide accurate group & statutory financial accounts.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Financial Accounting & Reporting & ensuring effective controls re in place (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Forecasting)
- Provide detailed & insightful financial information to key internal stakeholders (including FD & MD)
- Review of AP, AR, Payroll, Bank Recs
- VAT Reporting
- Cash Forecasting & Management
- Expert point of contact within the business for Tax queries
- Prepare for and liaise with appropriate parties for annual Internal & External Audit
You’ll also deputise for the FD where required and alongside your day job will have the opportunity to get involved with a range of interesting projects as the business continues to grow & develop.
You’ll be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) with demonstrable experience in the relevant areas described along with a progressive career history gained in dynamic & demanding businesses.
If you’d like to know more about this exciting opportunity get in touch with Alex Alcock, who is handling this role on an Exclusive basis for our client.
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest