Senior L&D Early Careers Manager
£50,000 - £60,000
Nottinghamshire - Permanent
Posted: 3 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a people centric services organisation as a Senior L&D and Early Careers Manager. This really is a wonderful broad opportunity that encompasses everything from shaping the long-term L&D and training centre strategy to designing and developing the apprenticeship offer and establishing a training centre to become an externally recognised and commercial arm of the business.
And what will you get in return?
Well, the team are full of energy and are really friendly, with a great team spirit, so you’re off to a great start already…. So, if you’re up for a challenge in a great environment where you can truly add value and make a commercial difference, then look no further…
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the L&D and business planning strategy for the organisation and training centre, by having an outward in approach, looking for new external initiatives to bring in best practice
- Working closely with HRBP and Business leads and external providers to design, develop and manage apprenticeship programmes
- Develop a L&D programme that supports the business with commercial and cultural transitions
- Support the HR Business partners with the end to end talent management process from attraction and selection to career pathways and succession planning.
- To lead and coach a team of L&D Advisors
- To manage the entire P&L for the department, to effectively manage budgets and apprenticeship levy, maintaining and working within financial requirements of the company
- To identify potential business development opportunities for the future
- A progressive HR professional with a breadth of experience and a specialism in L&D, Apprenticeships and Talent
- Proven experience of leading a multifaceted team, encouraging a strong team ethos and outstanding leadership capabilities.
- Outside/in mindset, the ability to network externally to ensure that the organisation is up to date with all practices across talent, L&D and Apprenticeships
- A commercial mindset with the ability to influence stakeholders at a senior level.
- Able to demonstrate clear decision-making capability at pace and taking responsibility for the outcomes.
*A background in Construction, Highways or Utilities Industry is essential*
Ways to apply
Short on time and don’t wish to register? Just give us a few details and a CV and we’ll do the rest.Quick Application
In a few steps become a Distinct member and enjoy:
- ‘One click’ applications
- Creating a saved list of ‘starred jobs’
- Being the first to know about new jobs of interest